ODSC West Virtual Applied Data Science Poster Sessions
Present your data science project at our first Vurtual Poster Session at ODSC West 2020. This is the ideal way to showcase your work and how its relevant to a range of industries. We welcome posters that are related to the following areas of data science
- Applied Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
- Data Visualization
- Autonomous Machines
- Automated Machine Learning
- Applications in Industry – Finance, Healthcare, Retail, Energy, Climate, Biotech, Life Science, Transportations, and more
ODSC is attended by more than 5,000+ data science professionals, academia, and hiring representatives. Participating in the presentation provides an opportunity with:
1. Showcase your research
- Unique opportunity to combine visual & oral explanations of your projects in the form of a poster presentation
- Allows presenters to actively engage with others during the conference in a way traditional networking does not. Conversations are more specific, and presenters have a deep understanding of their topic of discussion
- We expect a large established audience from the data science industry including practicing professionals, academia and hiring representatives. Audience will be able to analyze, study and review poster information and discuss with presenters one-on-one
- One-on-one conversations about your poster allow you to speak about specific topics that are of interest to you, which may not be possible at other events at the conference
- Receive valuable feedback about how well you have researched your topic and insights on how you can work to make it better
- Posters offer the opportunity to engage and initiate conversation with conference attendees interested in the same area of focus and application. This can help lead to further communication about collaboration and perhaps hiring opportunities
- This event will take place during our ODSC Main Networking Reception. It gives you an opportunity to interact with all levels of attendees ranging from practitioners to academia.
- Attend our proven successful Career Lab & Expo hosting 40+ hiring companies. Separate registration is required.
3. ODSC Conference Access
With over 280+ speakers which include the leading experts in the field, ODSC is one of the most important applied data science conferences of the year. You receive
- Complimentary All Access Conference Pass
- Access to our Career Lab & Expo hosted on Octover 28-30, 2020 and industry networking events during all 4 days of the conference
If you are interested in presenting a poster featuring your data science-related research, please submit a title, a short poster description (abstract) and a list of people involved with your poster by using the application link below.
All Selected candidates will need to record a video presentation which will be presented during ODSC Virtual Poster Session.
Poster Session SubmissionSubmit
What to Expect
Please allow 2-3 weeks before receiving a response upon submitting your application. If accepted, you will be asked to send in a final draft of your poster presentation prior to the conference.
Poster presentations should include:
- A clear outline of the problem you wish to tackle in your poster
- Title (w/ authors & affiliations)
- Size of poster: 40″x59″
- Use large text (text should be at least 18-24 pt; headings 30-60 pt)
- All margins should be straight and even
- No computers or extra aids may be used during a poster presentation
Important Dates and Deadlines
- First Round Selection – Monday, September 21, 2020
- Final Round Selection – Monday, October 12, 2020