In Person Conference FAQs
Schedule, Sessions & Conference Passes Information
To accommodate social distancing, our in-person event will be limited to a maximum of 850 training and other attendees per day. If you wish to attend in person we recommend you purchase your place early as passes will be limited.
Our in-person event will be primarily restricted to those attendees not showing proof of vaccination. Attendees will need to show proof of vaccination at registration. Alternatively, attendees may provide a negative COVID-19 test at registration and will be advised to wear a mask while indoors per CDC guidance. In addition, if you are experiencing any of the symptoms identified in the symptoms section below you should not attend in person. We encourage those who cannot meet this criterion to consider our Virtual attendance Additional precautions are listed in the In-Person SAFETY MEASURES section below.
Visit our Guide for getting some more information here: https://dsc.com/california/whattoexpect/
- ODSC passes Tue-Thu, November 16-18th:
- One-Day Pass: THIS IS A 1-DAY PASS: (Wednesday ONLY). Get access to ODSC Talks , Keynotes on Wednesday ONLY, Career and AI Expo Halls, and the Networking Reception. This pass DOES NOT include access to ODSC Training Session and Workshops
- Silver Pass: THIS IS A 3-DAY PASS (Tuesday, Wednesday&Thursday). Get access to ODSC Talks on Tuesday, ODSC Talks & Workshops on WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY, Career and AI Expo Halls, and the Networking Reception. This pass DOES NOT include access to ODSC Training Session
- Platinum Pass: THIS IS A 3-DAY PASS: (TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY). Get access to all ODSC sessions Tue-Thur, Career Expo, ODSC Training Sessions, AI Expo and Demo Talks & Workshops, and Networking reception
- Kickstart Bootcamp Pass: THIS IS A 4-DAY PASS: (TUESDAY- THURSDAY). Get access to ODSC Training, Workshops, Talks, EVERYTHING ODSC has to offer. In addition, get access to 1 year premium subscription on AI+.
- VIP Pass: All sessions across all 3 days (November 16th – November 18th) VIP access for all sessions, gifts, daily access to Speaker + 1 year AI+ premium access and more.
Full information is presented here.
Yes, you can upgrade your pass. If you would like to attend more sessions than your pass allows, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Generally, sponsor passes are equivalent to gold passes which provide access to the training sessions November 17th-18th.
One-Day Pass: All sessions and events on Day 3 (November 18th) ODSC and Business Talks
Silver Pass: All sessions and events on Days 1-3 (November 16th – November 18th) ODSC Talks, Keynotes and Business Talks
Platinum Pass: All sessions across all 3 days (November 16th – November 18th) ODSC Training sessions, Workshops, Demo Talks
Virtual Bootcamp Pass: All sessions across all 3 days (November 16th – November 18th) ODSC Training sessions, Workshops, Demo Talks + 1 year Premium Subscription on AI+, Kickstart Bootcamp Training Sessions
VIP Pass: All sessions across all 3 days (November 16th – November 18th) ODSC Training Sessions, Workshops, Speaker/VIP networking Lunch, Kickstart Bootcamp Training Sessions and more.
- Scholarship passes are not interchangeable and cannot be upgraded.
- Yes, you can transfer your pass to a colleague up to 7 days (November 9th) before the conference.
- Coffee breaks will be available in the Grand Peninsula foyer.
- Coffee and snacks will be provided at 10.30 am and 3:30 pm Tuesday-Wednesday, and at 10:30 am on Thursday
- There will be some options for purchase. Lunch will be available on-site, there is also a wide variety of lunches around The Grove and Poolside Pavilion during each full day of the event.
- Nov 1st – Nov 3rd – 1.00-2:00pm.
Lunch is not included but is available for purchase at the venue, during the allocated lunch breaks for all attendees.
- The networking reception will take place in the Grove on Wednesday, November 2nd from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM. Drinks and hors-d’oeuvres will be provided.
The summit will be co-located with ODSC West our signature conference.
Location: Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport, 1333 Bayshore Highway
The summit will be co-located with ODSC West, our signature conference.
Location: Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport
Date: November 2nd
Time: 9.30am to 6.00pm
Yes, there will be a networking reception on November 2nd, 10:00 – 5:30 pm in the Cypress Room.
The summit will be co-located with ODSC West, our signature conference and Startup & Sponsor Showcase Expo. We will have Keynotes, Panels and Networking reception as part of the summit.
Experience Breakdown: C suite executives and business professional audience Industry Breakdown:
- Computer Software/Hardware & Internet
- Business & Investment
- Insurance, Hospitals & Wellness
- Finance and Banking
Here are several ways you can use to arrive at the venue on time:
Arrivals and departures are a breeze with the complimentary San Francisco airport shuttle. The hotel’s complimentary shuttle runs every 10-15 minutes. From SFO, take your luggage to the Departures Level center island and look for the area marked “Hotel Shuttle.” The shuttle bus is marked “Hyatt Regency and Marriott.” For arrivals and departures between 12:00 a.m. and 4:46 a.m., free shuttles pick up guests every 30 minutes.
Click here to track the Hotel Shuttle’s location!
The shuttle runs 24 hours to and from San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
Public transportation is everywhere in San Francisco. From the Cable Cars to BART trains, it’s easy to see the sights of the Bay Area via local transit, including the free trolley to downtown Burlingame, and our hotel near SFO with free shuttle service offers access to it all.
To Downtown San Francisco:
Grand Limousine: The exclusive provider for our hotel near San Francisco International Airport; our Guest Service Staff can make arrangements
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART): Take the Hyatt Shuttle Bus to/from SFO’s International Terminal to connect with BART. Approximate cost from the station to downtown SF is $9.65 one-way
SFO SuperShuttle: Service is offered between SFO and Embarcadero or Union Square. Take the complimentary hotel shuttle to/from SFO to connect with SuperShuttle. $17.00 one-way
Taxi: Service from our hotel to downtown takes approximately 30 minutes, with an approximate cost of $45.00-$55.00 each way
Town Car Service: Service from our hotel to downtown takes approximately 30 minutes, with an estimated cost of $55.00 plus 20% gratuity
SamTrans: Service from Burlingame to San Francisco for $6.00 (adults) and $2.50 (youth and seniors)
Caltrain: Weekday train service between San Francisco and San Jose, with commute-hour service to Gilroy. Weekend service is offered from San Francisco to San Jose. The Caltrain station is 5 minutes from our hotel
To Downtown Burlingame:
Trolley Service: Daily free trolley service is available from our hotel to downtown Burlingame.
Complimentary airport shuttle.
Taxi and town car service.
Local area transit is close.
Parking Validator Instructions for Daily Parking Discount :
- When entering the car park, pick up a ticket at the entry barrier.
- During the conference, at any time, make your way to the pay machines located at the side entrance by the elevator bank on the lobby level or on the Atrium level by the doors to the sky bridge to the parking garage.
- Insert ticket and follow instructions. Your ticket will be validated for a reduced rate for self-parking of $36 per day.
- The pay stations are at both hotel exits on the way to the garage. Guests should pay on their way out to their cars.
- When exiting the garage insert a validated/paid ticket into the machine the gates will open
Parking Instructions if the guest is staying overnight: the parking charges will be placed on their room. At check-out, they will be charged for the number of cars they parked and with the discount!
- Conference rates and hotel rooms are currently open. Please see this page for further details.
Yes, there is a coat check at the Hotel.
Attending Training, Workshops, and Talks Sessions
- When connecting to wifi at the Hyatt, please select ODSC-West
Laptops are required to participate in many sessions because most sessions include work along portions from which attendees will get the most if they have a laptop. Please make sure they are fully charged.
- We encourage you to explore the speakers, topics, and schedule prior to arriving to plan out your day and get excited about your time at ODSC West here.
- All sessions are first come, first served-basis. Plan your attendance accordingly. We apologize in advance if space is not available at your event of choice.
- Registering for a session in the “my schedule” portion of the app is for personal planning, it does NOT guarantee a seat in any room. Be advised that it is strongly recommended you arrive early to sessions in order to get a seat.
- Bring fully-charged laptops. We will have charge points available, including phone chargers, but they may not be accessible at all seats.
IMPORTANT: Please check here for the latest prerequisites and downloads. Please note, check the App for last minute changes.
- Please note the training session will start on time and late attendees may not be able to enter the room once the session is in progress. Please arrive early to ensure you can attend. Entering a session after it has begun may be forbidden at the discretion of the instructors. The morning sessions start at 9:00 AM and the afternoon sessions at 2:00 PM.
- There is a first come, first serve basis policy in each room, unless you have a VIP event pass. There will be eight VIP reserved seats in each training session. Training sessions materials will be sent directly to training session ticket holders. It is imperative that attendees attending these sessions look up and/or download the materials provided.
- IMPORTANT: Please check this space for the latest prerequisites and downloads. Please note, check the App for last minute changes.
Once you have registered, no further action is required to register for specific sessions. All sessions will fill up on a first come-first served basis. However, you can take steps in order to ensure that you are on time and in the right place. These steps include picking up your badge earlier during pre-registration, to avoid time at registration. Downloading the ODSC App, will enable you to view all sessions timings and room allocations.
- The speaker will have a hard-stop at five minutes prior to the start of the next session. They may or may not allocate time for Q&A during their session.
- When a given session is over, we need to turn the room over for the next session. We will have staff escort the speaker away from the front of the room to an area conducive for personal conversation without impacting the start of the next session. Please feel free to follow the staff and speaker to this area, but do not congregate in the front of the room to ask questions.
Currently, the ODSC Conference is a hybrid one: In Person and Virtual which means you will be able to attend virtually. Please note that we will not live-stream any in-person sessions. Only virtual sessions will be recorded.
Registration & Conference App
Where can I download the conference APP so I can personalize my schedule and connect with fellow attendees?
Download the Conference App to:
– View Full Schedule
– Create personalized Schedule
– See full Talk and Speaker details
The ODSC App will be available for download soon at the Google Play Store or iOS App Store.
- Registration begins at 7:30 AM on Nov 1st, Nov 2nd, and Nov 3rd.
- Please keep your badge on you at all times during the conference. While you do not need to recheck each day you will NOT be allowed access to the event if you are not wearing your conference lanyard and badge.
- Replacement badges will be available and will be $10.
You may pick up your badge early on October 31st – November 1st at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport 5-7 pm. Badge pick up will be at the Registration Desk, The Grove 1st Floor Lobby.
- We have asked each speaker to share their presentations with us, so that we may share them with you. Most will, but some will not. Slides will be available within 2 weeks following the conclusion of the event.
- We understand that knowing whether the slides will be available affects your decision to take notes and pictures during a session. At the start of each session, there will be a notice about whether the slides will be available for sharing. Therefore, please do not take up valuable Q&A time or swarm the speaker afterwards to ask about slide sharing.
Most sessions will be recorded and published. Please refrain from personal recording as speakers may want to edit the recording before release.
Please note that we will not live-stream any in-person sessions. Only virtual sessions will be recorded. If your pass includes access to some / all of the recordings, you will receive instructions for accessing them via email following the conference.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for preparation and production.
We will not live-stream any in-person sessions. Only virtual sessions will be recorded.
Other General Questions
Currently, we are not accepting volunteer applications. Please see this page for more information.
There will be both Sponsor and Community Tables outside the meeting rooms to ensure plenty of time to interact and learn more about these organizations.
The Career Fair will take place November 3rd, 10:0am – 17:00 pm at the Grand Peninsula Foyer. More details here.
Please note that cancellations within 30 days of the event are non-refundable (October 1st).
Cancellations 60 days prior to the will be granted minus an administration fee. Other terms apply as noted in our terms and conditions. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Yes, there is a discount for Alumni. Please e-mail email@example.com for your dedicated discount.
If you have applied as a speaker for this event more than 3 weeks ago, and do not know the status of your application, please contact “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- The Open Data Science Conference is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We reserve the right to refuse entry or remove anyone in breach of this code without a refund.
- Our code of conduct can be reviewed here.
- Please do not conduct any personal recordings. Once we have a speaker’s permission and the presentation is edited, we will then release content to our conference website. You will be removed from the event if you are recording.
- Mute cell phones during all events.
- No recruitment or solicitation unless you are with a sanctioned sponsor.
- In consideration of fellow attendees, no food is allowed in the meeting rooms.
- Wifi is available but not for streaming or heavy DL. Respect others.No multiple device connections, please.
If you are interested in hiring at ODSC West, please contact email@example.com.
- There is no official dress code. Shirts and shoes are required at all times.
- It is highly recommended to dress professionally if you are planning to attend our Ai X Summit or the Job Fair.
ODSC staff will be wearing recognizable lanyards. If you need immediate assistance there will always be a staff member at the registration table. Event volunteers will be wearing blue t-shirts. Please go to them with any questions.
- Never leave valuables in open, unguarded locations such as exhibit halls or meeting rooms between sessions. ODSC cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage.
- Don’t be lulled into a false sense of security by the security guards at the venue. Their job is to ensure the safety and legitimacy of attendees, not a guest’s personal belongings.
- Ensure all data is backed up to the cloud or to an external hard drive before starting a trip.
- Encrypt data so that in the event of theft all sensitive information is safe.
- Invest in the affordable gadgets and mobile insurance so devices can be replaced quickly in the event of a loss.
Virtual Conference FAQs
Schedule, Sessions & Conference Passes Information
- You can explore the speakers, topics, and schedule before the conference here.
- During the conference, you’ll be able to view the agenda once you have logged into the Virtual Conference platform.
ODSC passes Tue-Thu, November 1-3rd
- Virtual Premium Pass – THIS IS A 3-DAY PASS to VIRTUAL CONFERENCE: (TUE, WED & THUR). Get access to ODSC Workshops & Talks, Keynotes, Virtual Ai x Business Talks, Virtual AI Expo & Demo Hall, and other extra events. This pass DOES NOT Include access to ODSC Virtual Training Sessions.
- Virtual Platinum Pass – THIS IS A 3-DAY PASS to VIRTUAL CONFERENCE: (TUE, WED & THUR). Get access to ODSC Training Sessions, Workshops & Talks, Keynotes, Virtual Ai x Business Talks, Virtual AI Expo & Demo Hall, and other extra events. In addition to that, get access to ALL Virtual Conference recordings.
- Virtual Mini-Bootcamp Pass – THIS IS A 4-DAY PASS: (MON, TUE, WED & THUR). Get access to Virtual Bootcamp Fundamentals (Mon), all other ODSC virtual sessions (Training Sessions, ODSC Talks & Workshops, Keynotes), Virtual AI Expo & Demo Hall, and extra events. All Virtual Conference recordings PLUS Access to ONE On-demand Pre-conference Training. In addition, get access to a 1-year Premium Subscription on Ai+ Training.
- Virtual Ai X Pass – THIS IS A 1-DAY Virtual PASS: Get access to the Virtual AI Business and Expo hall, Business Keynotes, and Talks about the application of Data Science and AI across all industries with other executives and industry leaders. This pass DOES NOT grant access to ODSC Training Sessions or Workshops.
There will be Q&A Channels for all sessions and attendees will be able to ask questions or make comments.
Attendees can access the breakout talk sessions from the Virtual Conference lobby in the Virtual Agenda.
Switch tracks by selecting “Agenda” from the main toolbar and selecting a new session to watch
Registration & Logging in to the Virtual Conference
- Attendees will receive an email with login instructions 7 days before the event. We encourage all attendees to log into the platform before the conference starts to make sure they can log in. If you have trouble logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The conference will start daily at 10 am, Tuesday – Thursday so attendees should be logged into the virtual platform and in their virtual sessions before the session begins.
Attendees will receive an email with login instructions 7 days before the event. Please also check the spam folder. We encourage all attendees to log into the platform before the conference starts to make sure they can log in. If you have trouble logging in, please email email@example.com
- You can visit the virtual “Info Desk” for technical support.
- Or send message to Support Channel in Virtual Platform Messenger
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attending AI Solutions Showcase Expo
You can easily access the expos from anywhere in the Virtual Conference by clicking on the “Career Expo” or “AI Expo Hall” buttons from the blue menu bar at the top (See below)
AI Solutions Expo and Solution and Partner Demo Talks are on Tuesday, November 1st and Wednesday, November 2nd from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM PDT;
AI Career Expo and Career Lab talks are on Thursday, November 3rd from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
The AI Solutions Expo will take place on Tuesday, November 1st and Wednesday, November 2nd from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM PDT
Visit AI Expo Hall and engage with leading AI solution providers, including Arize AI, Neo4j, S&P Global, Liveramp, Intel
HP, Microsoft, Red Hat, Dotdata and learn about the products and solutions that will help you automate machine learning, optimize data science costs, extract more value from data, and much more. Some of the technologies to be showcased: Auto ML, Data Labeling, DevOps, DataOps, Deep Learning, Cloud Computing, Image, Voice, and Facial Recognition.
Join the most influential Data Science community worldwide.
- The full AI Solutions Expo exhibitor list is located inside the Virtual AI Expo. To access, please enter the Virtual AI expo.
- Once inside, the exhibitor list is located in the “Exhibitors Index” box on the lower left side of the screen.
- Click on any exhibitor’s name to be brought to their virtual booth to learn more about the company, save handouts and PDFs to your briefcase.
ODSC will offer a wide variety of networking opportunities:
- Live Community Chat and Workspace with different channels
- Introductions; Introduce yourself and let the rest of the attendees know what it is you’re looking for. It’s a space where you can discuss what problems you’re facing or what solutions you potentially have for other attendees’ problems.
- Hallway Track: General random conversations between attendees + speakers.
- Virtual Meetups; A channel dedicated for people to connect, make plans for a group call, and discuss a specific topic + virtual drinks, etc.
- ODSC Virtual Slack Workspace
- The value of the Slack channel is an opportunity to meet people ahead of the event, and get to know them.
- Create unique channels so you can create a mini community within ODSC.
- Please find the AI Expo demo talks schedule on our website here.
- Please find the AI Expo demo talks schedule on the Virtual Conference Platform:
– Enter the platform using your credentials – Visit Expo Hall: either by clicking the relevant tab in the Menu Bar, or the Expo Hall Entrance. Find Demo Theatre Booths and choose any of them – you will be forwarded to the Demo Talks schedule;
– Enter the platform using your credentials – Click Agenda in the Menu bar, In drop down list choose Demo Talks.
Attending Career Lab and Expo
The AI Career Expo will take place on Thurday, November 3rd, 2022, from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Over 20+ hiring partners will be seeking talented individuals during the AI Career Expo, including Stanley Black & Decker, Aetna, CVS Health, Liberty Mutual, Nielsen, Guidewell, P&G, Verizon, National Grid, The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Nationwide Building Society, Vistaprint, Fifth Third Bank, Bose, Manhattan Associates, eviCore Healthcare, ZS Associates and more.
- Actionable advice from expert mentors about the best path to a career in AI.
- Book a 1:1 session with a recruiter.
Ideal for job seekers from both the tech and business fields.
- The full AI Career Expo exhibitor/recruiters list is located inside the Expo/Career Expo.
Please upload your resume here before Career Expo starts.
If you are facing problems with uploading your CV please perform the following steps here:
ODSC will offer a wide variety of networking opportunities:
- Live Community Chat with different channels
- Introductions; Introduce yourself and let the rest of the attendees know what they’re looking for. It’s a space where you can discuss what problems you’re facing or what solutions you potentially have for other attendee’s problems.
- Hallway Track:
- Virtual Meetups;
Chat with Companies Recruiters can be via chat box, voice or video.
Yes, you have access to AI Career Expo & Career Lab talks if you have:
- Silver Pass
- Platinum Pass
- Mini-Bootcamp Pass
- VIP Pass
- All Business Passes
The Career Talks will take place in the AI Career Expo Hall.
Unfortunately, no. Please note that we will not live-stream any in-person sessions/talks. Only virtual sessions will be recorded.
- Time: 10 AM – 5 PM EST
- You can start chatting in person or by clicking on the company booth you wish to chat with.